Rotom is an Electric/Ghost-Type Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet, and here's how you can catch one to add it to your roster.
First introduced in the Diamond and Pearl games, Rotom is a Plasma Pokemon that lives inside many different appliances, including the phone that you carry around with you in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet.
This rare, Electric/Ghost-Type may not be the strongest of the bunch, but it can be a fun Pokemon to add to your group and complete your Pokedex. If you are looking for the best places to find Rotom, we have listed its most-frequented spots below.
Rotom's Frequent Habitats
As you can see in the map above, Rotom cannot be found in many different areas of Paldea. The Pokemon often sticks to areas right outside of towns and cities, rarely being spotted in any other environments.
The most frequent areas where Rotom has been found are directly outside the cities of Levincia and Porto Marinada. If you stick to these small locations, you should have no problem finding quite a few Rotoms nearby. In the following sections, we have broken down each specific area where you can find Rotom, so you can make your search a breeze.
Rotom In East Province (Area Two) Outside Levincia
The first location where you can find Rotom is just outside the city of Levincia, in East Province (Area Two). You'll be able to find the little Pokemon in the grasslands west of the cityand they will be around Level 20 to 22. These Rotoms should be a fairly easy catch.
- To start, fly to the Levincia (South) Pokemon Center.
- When you arrive, you will want to head directly west to the area of grasslands just outside of the city. You can use the map above as a reference.
- Walk around the whole area, and you should be able to spot at least one Rotom. You can also head to the area just below using the incline, which is right outside a small beach area.
- When you find a Rotom, you can approach it directly, or if it is hard to reach, you can use the ZR Button to throw a Poke Ball at it to trigger a battle.
- Be careful when reducing its HP if you have higher-level Pokemon, as you might make it faint. Since these Rotoms are only around Level 20, you can easily catch them with a regular Poke Ball.
If you want to increase your chances of encountering a Rotom in this area, you can eat food or create a sandwich that gives Electric or Ghost-Type Encounter Power, as well as Teensy Power.
Rotom In West Province (Area Two) Outside Porto Marinada
The next location that Rotom frequently visits is just outside the city of Porto Marinada, in West Province (Area Two). These won't be significantly higher in level but will fall around the range of Level 27 to 29. This area is especially popular for Rotom, as you will most likely find a whole group of them in this area.
- First, you will want to fly to the Porto Marinada Lighthouse if you have unlocked it. If not, fly to the close-by Porto Marinade Pokemon Centerand head straight to the area surrounding the lighthouse.
- Rotom will be either around the lighthouse or in the grassy area just outside of it. You should have no trouble finding one here, as usually there are quite a few around.
- Again, you can either directly approach it or throw a Poke Ball at it to start a battle.
- Since these Rotom will be at a higher level, you might have to use a few Poke Balls to catch it. Or, you can use a Great Ball, and it should be an easy catch.
There should be quite a few Rotom in this area; if not, you can leave the area and return to reset the active Pokemon.
NEXT: Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Tier List: Best Pokemon For Your Party
Thank you for reading this post, kindly check out these amazing online resources